Thursday, April 19, 2012

Aching and Awe

Tomorrow we take Mylah to a Cardiologist appointment. Nothing out if the ordinary, but there is cause for nervousness. We should be scheduling her full heart repair.

I can hardly believe this appointment has come. For so long now I have been anticipating it, but known that it's still a while off. Now it isn't. Here we are preparing to pick a day for her surgery. The day that we will hand over our baby girl to the surgeons and pray that they carefully repair her heart and return her to us. Just thinking of the long wait during surgery and the pain she will endure post-surgery, makes my heart ache. Nothing can take that away.

As I nursed her back to sleep tonight, I just held her. I softly whispered reminders to her of how sweet she is, and how special. I told her how blessed I am to be her Mom, and I stared deeply onto her eyes. She coo'd and smiled and then gently touched my face. I knew she was comforting me in her own way. As my eyes stung with tears, I felt a peace. I was reminded that she is Heavenly Father's first and ours second. He knows her path and will choose where it leads. No matter what happens it will be for our good.
I am in awe daily of the sweet miracle and blessing Mylah is in my life. She brings comfort, love, happiness and has taught me so much. I pray that I can find the strength to get through this next chapter in our lives. I pray for peace, comfort, and patience. I know things will be alright. I just know it!

- Lara

1 comment:

  1. Praying for a good appointment. It's so scary but know that she will be in God's hands.

    ReplyDelete

MRI

Today Mylah had an MRI to map out what we will do in the near future for her heart health. Currently her left ventricle is slightly ...