Sunday, April 29, 2012

Post Op Day 4



Mylah had a rough night. She was in a bit of pain, her bowels were backed up, and she was hungry and wanted to eat, but her throat hurt. I felt so bad for her and woke often in the night to comfort her.

It's SO hard for me to not be able to hold her. The crazy nurse she had kept trying to hold her and thought it would help. I was thinking, um...I am pretty sure that she doesn't want YOU to hold and comfort her, she wants me!!! They won't let is because of all the lines and tubes still connected to her. I breaks my heart. I know she needs to be held. :(

She finally had to have Precedex again, which calmed her enough to rest for a few hours. But classic hospital routine, as soon as she was on a deep sleep, in rolls the x-ray techs to do films at a ridiculous evening hour!!!

Needless to say, last night was the worst night here to date. Praying for a better one tonight!

Today's goals are to get her to eat more, remove some of her lines and her foley (urine catheter) and hopefully hold her!!

Thanks again for all the love and prayers!

-Lara

4 comments:

  1. Dang nurse! Mama knows how to hold her baby. Hope tonight goes better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry!! I thought about you during all of church~I hope things are going better today! Lots of love from Panaca!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is she in a big bed, or a crib? For almost all of Andrew's surgeries and anytime he's overnight in the hospital one of us always lays with him. I've even crawled in those baby "jail" cribs when he was younger! Sometimes the nurses don't like it, but they don't usually tell you you can't (we've never had anyone make me get out). ;) Then you can put her in the crook of your arm...just what you both need! Praying things get better soon! There are always a few setbacks before things start moving uphill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen,
      She is in a crib, not quite big enough for me. I just didn't like the way the nurse handled things. I have been able to hold her today and she is doing really well with nursing. We are hoping.to be discharged on Tues! Thanks for the love and heart hugs! :-)
      Lara

      Delete

MRI

Today Mylah had an MRI to map out what we will do in the near future for her heart health. Currently her left ventricle is slightly ...