Monday, June 18, 2012

Partnering

Lately my shop - The Mended Heart - has rolling forward, full steam ahead!! It's been a huge blessing and helps me to feel like I am accomplishing something towards spreading the word about Congenital Heart Defects.

To say I am obsessed at assuring that no family goes uninformed, would be an understatement. Anytime I hear of low O2 sats, or babies in the NICU on oxygen, my mind immediately wonders if that baby's doctor has checked it's heart. Now that I really think about it, I am probably scareing more people than helping them! I just wish someone had told me what to watch for during a twenty week anatomy scan. Now I tell everyone.

Anyway, the point of this post is to inform everyone that I am partnering with a wonderful group called Sisters by Heart. These ladies are AMAZING! Each mothering a child with a CHD, they have come together to lend support to families who's babies are diagnosed with a more severe CHD called Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. HLHS is an abnormality in which the left side of the child's heart (left ventricle, aortic valve and aorta) is severely underdeveloped. Many of these sweet HLHS Heart Babies undergo a series of surgeries and some don't survive. As with any CHD diagnosis it is shocking, scary, and life changing. These ladies make the transition to Heart Parenthood easier.

Sisters by Heart

So how am I contributing? I am making kimonos/hospital gowns (found HERE in my shop!) for them to add to their care packages! I am so excited to help where I can, and to spread the word about The Mended Heart. Such a blessing! I will post again when I get a few done and show you the adorable fabric I bought! Until then, check out Sisters by Heart and donate if you can!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your stuff on your website! Claire HAS to have some of those bows! I will be ordering soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable gowns. What a precious idea to help. My great niece has spina bifida and seeing her in tiny hospital gowns is so sweet. It takes so little to encourage mommas who watch their children struggle. It's as much a blessing to them as the child.

    ReplyDelete

MRI

Today Mylah had an MRI to map out what we will do in the near future for her heart health. Currently her left ventricle is slightly ...