Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Replaced

Tonight I woke to feed Mylah. She still wakes once a night to eat, but now takes a bottle. So I fed her, rocked her, and took in that precious moment. As she finished and slowly slipped her thumb in her mouth as comfort, I listened. I listened to each tiny girl breath. The sound of a respirator machine breathing for her, replaced by the sweet strength of her lungs breathing as they should. The sound of a constant monitored beep replaced by her own precious and repaired heart.

My eyes filled with tears as I realized we are about to celebrate one of the most amazing and hardest years of life. Our miracle girl is turning one. It's hard to believe that a year ago I was struggling to come to terms with what a CHD was, and hoping that I wouldn't have to tell my children that their baby sister wasn't coming home. One year ago I scowered the internet for answers and promises that my baby would survive.

And now here we are and so much has been replaced. Fear with Faith, pain with precious memories, and heartache with happiness.

I wouldn't trade this year because it changed me for the better. It's been an amazing lesson in what the Lord knows I can endure.

I have learned to replace all of the painful memories with the goodness of each moment spent with Mylah.

I am so thankful she's here, healthy, happy and safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MRI

Today Mylah had an MRI to map out what we will do in the near future for her heart health. Currently her left ventricle is slightly ...