Monday, August 6, 2012

Sisters by Heart Hospital Gowns

Today I shipped off our first big order for The Mended Heart. It was bittersweet. I have been working so hard to finish all of these gowns and had so help from others in my community who donated time. I am so thankful and blessed to be able to do this. It honors Mylah and all other Heart Warriors. I love sewing for a good cause!

I tried to get Mylah to smile with the piles of gowns, but all she wanted to do was play with them!

Photobucket

Rylee joined in the fun and helped box them up!

Photobucket

I tried again with the photo of Mylah and the gowns, she just wanted to pull them all out of the box!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I truly loved being able to make these and that I am partnered with such an amazing group of women! These gowns with help bring a little smile to the families of heart babies. I am praying they make it easier for a family to deal with a long hospital stay!

Here are the varieties of gowns made. Aren't they adorable?!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It has been such a wonderful way to honor our sweet Mylah and to bring awareness about CHD's. I am hoping my shop continues to stay busy and I can keep on sewing!

2 comments:

  1. They look great! I wish Claire had some of those when she had her surgeries. They would have come in VERY handy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I get your pattern? My little girl has cancer and wants to help make gowns for MD Anderson Cancer Center. I love your pattern it is the simplest I have found and it offers total coverage.
    Thank you Annie
    You can find out more information here.
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/KacisHospitalGowns/?notif_t=group_r2j

    ReplyDelete

MRI

Today Mylah had an MRI to map out what we will do in the near future for her heart health. Currently her left ventricle is slightly ...